Welcome to the Cooking Kitchen.....
Are you a busy professional with minimal time to cook a wholesome meal for your family? Are you looking to bring out your inner chef and create a unique dish for your next potluck or party? This is the perfect spot for easy dinner recipes on workdays or unique ideas for get togethers. We got recipes for the grill, the stove, the oven and the slow cooker! Please follow us on social media. Visit us weekly for our updates at Hale Anuhea - my home and yours!
Dillweed Potato Salad
12 medium size potato
2 (2.25 oz) sliced olives
3.5 cups of Best Food mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
3 teaspoons dillweed
Boil 12 medium size potatoes in big pot with hot water.
When potatoes cooked after boiling, empty into colander.
Boil 12 eggs in big pot with hot water
When eggs cooked after boiling, take each egg out and place it in a bowl of ice and water.
This will make the deshelling process easier.
The potatoes should've cooled down a bit.
While still warm, leave the skin on and cut them in cubes. Put into a bowl.
Take the shells of the eggs and then chop up and mix with the potatoes.
Best to start mixing the mayo in while the potatoes are warm. It'll make the salad creamier.
After mixing, add in first can of olive slices; 1 tsp garlic salt; 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp dillweed. Mix in well and keep stirring to blend
Next round. Again add in second can of olive slices; 1 tsp garlic salt; 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp dillweed. Mix in well and keep stirring to blend
Start layering into serving container or dish. Sprinkle in last 1 tsp of dillweed as a garnishing.
Feeds 15-20 people
Li Hing Guava Ribs
2 (12 fl oz) Guava Concentrate
1.5 tablespoon of Chinese five spice powder
1/4 cup of oyster sauce
1/4 cup of shoyu
2 oz li hing powder
2.5 lbs of short ribs
Mix all the ingredients and blend well to ensure no air bubbles.
In a gallon size Ziplog bag, combine short ribs with mixture. Massage into the bag for mixture to blend with short ribs evenly. Let it marinate overnight before you throw on the grill the next day.
Seafood Won Tons
2 (8oz) cream cheese
2 packages fish cake
2 package imitation crab
1 round yellow onion
1 bunch green onion
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 cloves garlic
2 (10 oz) man doo wrappers
Oil mixture; 3 cups vegetable oil and 1/4 cup sesame oil
Warm cream cheese for 5 min in a bowl in the microwave
Slice and dice fish cake, imitation crab, garlic, round onions and green onions.
In bowl, mix fish cake, imitation crab, round onions, green onions, garlic, cream cheese and onion soup mix. Blend to a consistency.
Make a small bowl of water to seal the man doo.
Use a small spoon to scoop mix into man doo wrapper, dip your finger into the water and spread on half on the wrapper. Close together and seal with edges with your finger tips. Make all your man doo and let sit.
Let the oil heat in a pot on high until you see the little bubbles going feverishly. Gently place 3 - 4 won tons in the oil until it bubbles up. Flip over and wait till it does the same. Let's the won tons drain on paper towels in a serving pan until done.
Feeds 8-10 people
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
1 oz Au Jus powder packet
Need a great quick breakfast meal for the mornings you can make in advance? Omelette cups are the best! Make your omelette mix of eggs, a little milk, garlic salt and pepper as a base. Make them however you desire. In this pic I added - round onions, green onions, spinach, garlic and water chestnuts. The following week - I made them with olives, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Be as creative and adventurous as you want to be.
2 tablespoons Veg Oil
2 lbs pork butt cut into 1.5 inch pieces
1/2 cup distilled vinegar
2 cloves of fresh garlic peeled, sliced
1 1/2 whole black peppercorns
4 bay leaves
1) In a thick gauge pot, heat to medium high. Add in the oil and brown the pork in batches.
2) When the meat is browned, combine with the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer.
3) Cover and then continue to simmer (approximately 40 minutes) until the meat is tender.
4) You may serve as is or slightly thicken the sauce with a little slurry of cornstarch and water.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
5 lbs chopped pork
1 package frozen sweet peas
1/2 tablespoon peppercorn
3 tablespoons shoyu
3 cups water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato paste
1 13oz jar sweet pimentos
4 bay leaves
3 tablespoons patis
1) Slice pork in 2"x1" pieces.
2) Heat oil in skillet, add garlic then pork to brown.
3)Add shoyu, patis, water, peppercorn and bay leaves.
4) Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in tomato paste, sweet peas, pimentos
6) Simmer for 10 minutes
2 lbs boneless skin on pork belly cut in half
8 cloves of garlic, cut up
4 bay leaves
1 tablespoon black peppercorn
1 cup shoyu
Sesame oil for frying
4 teaspoons oyster sauce
3 tomatoes sliced into quarters
1 round onion sliced
1 green onion sliced and diced
1) Place pork belly, skin side down, in a large pot and add enough water to completely submerge meat. Add garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower heat and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until pork skin can be pierced with a knife with no resistance, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet and season liberally with salt all over. Refrigerate pork until skin has completely dried, 6 hours or overnight.
2) Remove pork from refrigerator and cut into 3/4-inch slices.
3) Fill a wok or Dutch oven at least 4 inches oil and heat to 375°F over high heat. Working in batches, fry pork until deeply browned and skin has bubbled and crisped, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt to taste. Cut pork slices into 1/2-inch pieces.
4) In frying pan, pour some sesame oil and stir fry lechon, round onions and tomatoes
5) Mix in oyster sauce and green onions. Mix
Li Hing Faux/ Real Margarita
Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
Jose Cuervo Tequila
Li Hing Powder
This recipe is really by taste and preference.
1) In electronic blender - ice cubes, orange juice, squeeze fresh lime. margarita mix and sprinkles of li hing powder.
2) Blend until slushy. After pouring into glass, garnish with fresh lime.
3) To turn from faux to actual cocktail - empty 3 - 6 shots of Jose Cuervo Tequila in blender before mixing
Korean Shoyu Potatoes
2-3 large potatoes
3-4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons gochugaru (finely-ground Korean chilli powder)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons malt syrup
1/2 cup water
A pinch of salt
Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
1) Peel the potatoes, then cut in half lengthways. Take one half of the potato, cut it lengthways again, then turn and cut into fairly evenly-sized pieces (to ensure relatively even cooking). Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
2) Rinse the chopped potato in a bowl of water, then either steam/boil/microwave until the potato is half cooked. This is definitely not a traditional step, but using this shortcut will cut your cooking time in half!
3) Meanwhile, take 3-4 garlic cloves and use your kitchen knife to finely mince them.
4) Once the potatoes are half-cooked, drain them and sit them to cool for about 5 minutes. While they are cooling, mix together the soy sauce, gochugaru (Korean chilli powder), garlic and sugar.
5) Heat a large pot or work with a little olive oil over a very low heat, then slowly sautee the potatoes with a pinch of salt until they can be poked through with a fork without them breaking in half.
6) Once the potatoes have reached this stage, pour over the soy sauce mixture and stir to coat.
7) Add the malt syrup to the water and stir to mix, then add it to the pot and stir well to combine.
8) Put the lid on and allow to slowly cook, making sure to give it a stir occasionally so that the sauce evenly coats the potatoes, and that they do not stick to the pan. You will notice that the longer you braise them, the more the sauce will reduce and the darker it will become.
If the sauce disappears entirely before the potatoes are cooked, add a little more water to the pot and stir it through and keep cooking. You do not want these potatoes to be overcooked – just cooked enough so they hold their shape and are soft to bite all the way through with no crunchiness.
9) DO NOT SERVE THIS DISH HOT! Instead, allow this to cool at least to room temperature (as this is when the flavors will shine most), then plate up and garnish very simply with a pinch of toasted sesame seeds.
Crispy Olena Potatoes
5 big potatoes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons of oregano
3 tablespoons turmeric (Olena) powder
Sprinkling of garlic salt and pepper
1) Heat oven to 200 degrees
2) Peel and cut potatoes into even sized chunks. Place in a pot of boiling water and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
3) Drain the potatoes and let it cool
4) While still warm, place potatoes in large ziplog bag; sprinkle with the flour, turmeric, oregano, garlic salt and pepper.
5) Shake vigorously so that potatoes are covered in the flour mixture.
6) Place the oil in a preheated baking tray in the oven until almost smoking.
7) Put the potatoes in the tray and coat in the oil. Cook for about 40 minutes.